The Network Operations Center Voice Engineer (Tier 3) is a carrier voice engineer supporting many customers on a shared voice platform. The position is responsible for maintaining a global unified communications network in addition to implementing new projects intended to expand and enhance the current infrastructure. This candidate will also be tasked with general network support including security, routing, switching, and other network related duties. The NOC Voice Engineer (Tier 3) is expected to have an in-depth understanding of all Masergy voice and cloud products.
In order to apply for this position, you must have:
1. Hands on experience with Broadsoft (configuration and management)
2. Experience with Voice gateways and switching (Cisco, Adtran, Audiocodes, Acme,Sonus, etc.)
3. Advanced level knowledge and experience with SIP
• Serves as the highest level of UC support to provide technical leadership and expertise for escalated customer issues
• Work with hardware vendors to report and troubleshoot network device related issues
• Works closely with engineering to review all work orders prior to UC maintenance being performed
• Conduct UC network maintenance activities according to engineering work orders.
• Maintain highest standards of technical expertise
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Demonstrated ability as a subject matter expert in UC, network support and network admin
• Advanced troubleshooting abilities solving complex problems with data and voice networks
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively advise and counsel both managers and non-supervisory employees on sensitive work related issues.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize several projects and tasks at one time.
• Excellent Time Management Skills
• Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in computer science or a related field
• In depth understanding and experience working with voice related applications and protocols such as SIP, UDP, RTP, SDP and TLS.
• In depth experience working with Broadsoft voice platform and Acme Packet SBC
• Experience with packet analyzers (Wireshark)
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working in LAN/WAN support role (Configuration and design responsibilities in a service provider environment)
On call rotation as needed.
Extensive technical knowledge, for a variety of network topologies, in the following areas:
• QOS, prioritization, and MPLS network principals
• TCP/IP and UDP
• Routing protocols such as BGP, IBGP, and OSPF
• Network transmission at all 7 layers of the OSI model
• Hands on experience with Alcatel, Juniper, and Cisco router/switch platforms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Communicates clearly and in an understandable manor with a wide range of people such as subordinates, managers, customers, vendors, distributors and the general public. Projects good customer relations skills in both face to face and telephone contact.
• Active Cisco CCNA/CCNP a plus
• Broadsoft/ACME/Sonus Certifications a plus